Were you waiting for news today? Ahh ?! And here they are! And we did Novokuznetsk! And we are very proud of it!
Spichenkovo Airport is an international airport of federal significance in the city of Novokuznetsk. Located in the Prokopyevsky district, twenty kilometers west of the center of Novokuznetsk. The airport is adjacent to the villages of Krasny Uglekop and Spichenkovo, which are part of the Zenkovsky district of the city of Prokopyevsk, the village of Luchshevo and the village of Kalachevo in the Prokopyevsky district of the Kemerovo region.
The airport complex includes an air terminal and an in-flight catering workshop designed to serve two hundred passengers per hour, as well as a restaurant, bar, canteen, a hotel with 97 seats, a hall for serving first and business class passengers, a guarded parking lot, a mother and child room.
Novokuznetsk Aviation Enterprise was founded on August 17, 1952 by merging several departmental aviation teams and placing their property on the balance sheet of the West Siberian Directorate of the Civil Air Fleet (GVF). Abagur airfield was chosen as the base. Mikhail Fedorovich Muravyov was appointed the first commander. The order of appointment was signed by the head of the West Siberian Directorate of the Civil Air Fleet, Lieutenant Colonel NN Bykov, later Lieutenant General, Deputy Minister of Civil Aviation.
The unification of disparate aviation teams into one enterprise had a beneficial effect on the development of aviation in the south of the Kuzbass region. To replace the legendary Po-2 aircraft, the first An-2 aircraft was received in January 1953. From 1952 to 1967, the Novokuznetsk State Aviation Enterprise operated Yak-12, An-2 aircraft, K-15, Mi-1, Mi-4 helicopters.
In March 1954, the 184th squadron was organized from all squadrons located in the Novokuznetsk region, and from January 18, 1955, Aleksandr Ivanovich Sofronov was appointed to the post of commander of the 184th flight squadron. With the beginning of the operation of the An-2, Yak-12 aircraft and the Mi-1, Mi-4 helicopters, the size of the squadron increased, and by the end of 1956 it already numbered 172 people. Together with the number and technical fleet, the volume of work performed on servicing and transporting passengers and meeting the needs of the national economy grew. New flights were opened to Novosibirsk, Kemerovo, Tomsk and other settlements.
Available for download version for X-Plane and MSFS 2020!