The history of the Sasovo Flight School of Civil Aviation began in 1943. This year, the Order of the Chief of the Main Directorate of the Civil Air Fleet No. 634 of March 2, 1943, on the basis of the 111th Isil-Kul, 74 Shadrinskaya Squadron, as well as a part of the flight crew of the 71st Yanaul Air Squadron, in May 1943, Isil- Kul aviation school of pilots of initial training GVF. October 11, 1945 Order of the Chief of the Main Directorate of the Guards-Guard No. 0238 decided to rebase the Isil-Kul Air School in Sasovo.
Since 1943, in the territory where the air squadron arrived,
On June 27, 1947, the Aviation School was renamed the Sasovo Flight School of Civil Aviation.
On January 3, 1949, by decree of the Council of Ministers No. 18, in order to perpetuate the memory of Hero of the Soviet Union Taran Gregory Alekseevich, for success in training the flight personnel, the Sava Airborne School GVF was given the name of Hero of the Soviet Union Taran G.A.
Since July 29, 2009, the school has become a branch of The Ulyanovsk Higher Aviation School of Civil Aviation
The school has a rich history. This was an excellent basis for training personnel for the USSR GA. Being the closest to Moscow flight school, received an unofficial nickname among graduates "court school". During its work in the walls of the institution, hundreds of first-class pilots were trained, dispersed after the release throughout the former Union. Pupils of the school were always appreciated and were in demand both in the far north and in the major airports of Moscow. Also in the days of the USSR, cadets from Vietnam, Afghanistan, Cuba, and African countries were trained.
The training took place on the following types of aircraft: Po-2, Li-2, Yak-12, Yak-18A, Yak-18T, An-2, L-410; for a short time the An-24 aircraft were operated. Also there were retraining courses for helicopters Ka-15, Mi-1, Mi-4.
With the collapse of the Soviet Union, the school experienced hard times in the 1990s: 20 cadets per course, lack of instructors, lack of fuel ...
July 29, 2009 according to the Order of the Government of the Russian Federation of February 4, 2008 No. 109-r and the order of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on October 20, 2008 No. 413 Federal State Educational Establishment of Secondary Professional Education "Sasovskoye named after Hero of the Soviet Union Taran G.A. Flight College of Civil Aviation "was reorganized into a separate subdivision" Sasovskoye named after Hero of the Soviet Union Taran G.A. flight school of civil aviation "branch of the Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education" Ulyanovsk Higher Aviation School of Civil Aviation (Institute) "(SLA GA branch FGOUVPO UAVU GA (I)).
In May 2012, a concrete take-off strip was opened; 2, 2014 reconstruction of a canteen canteen is finished. Every year the number of candidates for admission increases (a set of 2013 - about 170 people). The school has Yak-18T simulators, Cessna-172; there are two simulators L-410UVP E-20. Training is conducted on Cessna-172 aircraft, the launch is carried out on L-410UVP E-20 aircraft.