Naryan-Mar (nen. Naryana mar, “Red City”) is a city in Russia, the administrative center and the only city in the Nenets Autonomous State Area. The city is located beyond the Arctic Circle, located in the lower reaches of the Pechora River, 110 km from the Barents Sea.
The distance from Moscow to Naryan-Mar is 1501 km, from Arkhangelsk to Naryan-Mar - 660 km. The nearest railway station - Usinsk - is located at a distance of 350 km, you can get to it by land only by winter road (winter road). In the summer, passenger boats run from Naryan-Mar to Ust-Tsilma.
It emerged as the village of Beloshchelye, named for its location in the tract Beloshchelye, where the gap is “a steep river terrace, a narrow valley, a steep ravine”. In 1929, the construction of a sawmill was started in this tract, and the settlement that arose at the plant was officially called "a working village at the Komiles sawmill No. 51 named after Dzerzhinsky", and in short - "a village named after Dzerzhinsky", in memory of the Soviet party and statesman F. E Dzerzhinsky. In 1933, the village was renamed into a working village with the ideologically “correct” name Naryan-Mar - “red city” (Nenets Naryan - “red”, Mar - “city”); since 1935 - a city with the same name.
The city of Naryan-Mar is the center of the Nenets Autonomous Okrug, within the administrative-territorial structure of which it has the status of a city of district significance.
In the framework of the municipal structure, it forms a municipal entity in the urban district of the city of Naryan-Mar with the only settlement in its composition. Earlier, the city district included the Yokusha village, which was abolished in 2015.
Naryan-Mar is a federal airport of the city of the same name in the Nenets Autonomous Okrug. The operator of the airport is the open joint-stock company Naryan-Mar United Squadron.
It is a joint airfield. Belongs to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. The civil sector owns the apron, taxiways, parking lots. Class B airfield is equipped with a landing system of category II and III from both directions and light-signaling equipment. The classification number of runways (PCN) is 17 / R / B / X / T .. In addition to the main runway from reinforced concrete slabs, there are two intersecting unpaved runways for An-2 aircraft and helipads.
The beginning of the development of civil aviation in the Nenets okrug can be considered 1933, when the pilot Pravilov Mikhail Pavlovich was sent to the village of Beloshchelye with the task of ensuring the reception of aircraft and creating an airfield. Under his leadership, on the ice of the Pechora River, a flat platform was selected and the simplest oil heating oil was equipped for refueling aircraft. After that, in January 1933, the first flights on Steel-2 aircraft began in Naryan-Mar. The construction of the first land airport in Naryan-Mar began in 1940 by the method of public construction. Subbotniks, Sundays were held, everyone expected that in the forty-first year funds would be allocated to continue work. The war began, and the construction of the airfield became the main strategic task. It was the construction site number 1 in the Nenets okrug, it became a nation-wide affair for the residents of the city. Researchers call the first secretary of the Nenets district committee of the CPSU and the city committee of the CPSU (b) Serafim Kuzin the initiator of the completion of the airfield. The construction manager is V.N. Andreev. The land airfield Naryan-Mar began to operate in October 1941, it then belonged to the 772nd air base of the White Sea military flotilla. At this time, aircraft from Naryan-Mar and Amderma carried out reconnaissance flights in the Arctic. The 900-meter runway was built 1200 meters from the district House of Soviets. In July 1943, a new phase of completion of the airfield began. The modernization of the airfield was accelerated. The airfield was drained, drainage ditches with a length of about 2000 m were laid, a wetland was partially filled with sand, a wooden fence of the airfield with a length of 2000 m was made, a command post (dugout) and a wood-earth shelter for one aircraft were built. In 1950, four lodges were built at the airport for the services of the squadron, and after a large flood in 1952, the houses of the transportation department, hotels, an 8-apartment building and a shelter (teplyak) were additionally built to repair the equipment. In December 1952, the first An-2 aircraft (tail number 41995) landed at Naryan-Mar airport. In 1955, the first P-10 radar arrived at the airport, with it you could see and hear all the planes within a radius of 50-60 km. In 1956, a hydraulic variant of the An-2 - An-2V aircraft appeared in the squadron. A special pier made of logs and beams was built on the hydro-lake at the airport. The modern airfield was built by the USSR Ministry of Defense in the late 1960s as a jumping airfield for military aviation in the Arctic. At the very beginning of its history, the runway with a course of 63 degrees from the city and 243 degrees from the tundra was covered with American steel stripes. Then the runway was covered with domestic steel plates K-1D