Ufa International Airport (IATA: UFA, ICAO: UWUU) is the primary airport serving Ufa, the capital of Bashkortostan, Russia.
In 2013, the airport handled 2,218,000 passengers, becoming the ninth largest airport in Russia and the largest airport in Russia's Volga Federal District. It is also the largest airport in the federal subject (republic) of the Republic of Bashkortostan.
When Bashkirian Airlines operated, its head office was on the airport property.
On 11 May 1924 the building of the first aircraft hangar near Glumilino village has been completed and on 15 May is opened new club of the aviation within the Bashkirian branch of AFFVS. In 1933 the first ever route opens encompassing over 730 km via Ufa–Sterlitamak–Meleuz–Mrakovo–Baymak–Magnitogorsk–Beloretsk–Ufa. In 1956 Ufa Airport had begun performing technical maintenance of the Yakovlev Yak-12 airplanes and Mil Mi-1 helicopters, which were serving the Bashkirian air routes at that time. Between 1959 and 1962 the airport was under reconstruction and 3 hotel buildings, cargo and fuel storage facilities, a 100-seated dining hall and a garage were built. Also, a new runway was built, as well as radio approach equipment for landing under heavy weather conditions and new radar facilities. The new runway was then capable of receiving Tupolev Tu-124, Antonov An-10 and Ilyushin Il-18 aircraft. In 1964 a new terminal for 400 passengers per hour was built and put in operation. In 2007 the reconstructed terminal of the airport entered into operation. The area of the air terminal has increased more than twice. At the moment many departments are located there. The terminal is equipped with modern facilities and up-to-date outfit. There have been mounted 4 telescopic ramps, 4 elevators and 3 escalators. It is gives the opportunity to serve 600 passengers per hour.