Vladivostok International Airport (Russian: Международный аэропорт "Владивосток" Mezhdunarodnyi aeroport Vladivostok) (IATA: VVO, ICAO: UHWW) is an international airport located near Artyom, Primorsky Krai, Russia, roughly an hour's drive (44 kilometers) north of the center of the city of Vladivostok. It was formerly known as Knevichi Airport, named after the village of Knevichi.
In 1931 the Vladivostok Airport was constructed next to the town of Artyom with commercial flights began in the summer of 1932. In the decade after the war planes Po-2 and W-2 are widely used in air-chemical works and coastal exploration fish in the service of geologists and forests patrolling. Passenger flights in the Moscow - Vladivostok route was taking place in 1948 performed using Ilyushin IL-12.
From 1959 to 1964 complex of ground facilities was built to allow regular flights with larger planes.
The domestic Terminal B of the airport underwent complete renovation during 2005-2006, which made it one of the most comfortable and up-to-date airport terminals in Russia. The renovated terminal was re-opened on December 19, 2006.
Federal and regional government announced plans to rebuild Vladivostok International Airport prior to the APEC Russia 2012 Summit on Russky Island, south of Vladivostok. A new terminal (terminal A) was built in 2012, at a cost of 7 billion RUB. The capacity of this new terminal building is 3.5 million passengers/year. Runway 07R/25L was also reconstructed and lengthened, to 3,500 meters. This new runway is capable of accommodating all aircraft types without any restrictions.